Saturday 24 May 2014

short hsa on kaveri note

I finally got around to upgrading to the latest hsa kernel and so far it seems as though hsa now continues to work after a suspend. Well i've suspended and resumed the machine once and the one of the aparapi-lambda tests continues to function with hsail.

Although this machine reboots rather fast it was just an inconvenience that pretty much put a stop to me playing around with hsa. I think there were other reasons too actually but I guess it's one less at least.

It's the 'v0.5' tag of git://people.freedesktop.org/~gabbayo/linux which I built from source rather than use the ubuntu images in Linux-HSA-Drivers-And-Images-AMD (although i grabbed the firmwares from there).

...

I've got 1 day left on my current bit of work, then another break, and then i'm not sure what i'm going to do. There is pretty much perpetually on-going 'bits of work' if I want it but i'm considering not continuing for various reasons (and have been for a while). Have to weigh that against trying to find some interesting work though. Ho hum.

No comments: